Junior Women: Sweep & Sculling
FOR SWEEP WOMEN:
The US Junior National Team will compete in the Junior World Championships in Trakai, Lithuania on August 2 – 6, 2017Rotterdam in the 8+ and 4-. The Camp will also be sending two athletes to compete in the US Junior Team 2- Trials.
The CanAmMex Team will provide a development opportunity for athletes who have birthdays in 2000 or later that have demonstrated the ability to compete at a high level. The goal of this opportunity is to prepare the “next fastest” 8 rowers and one coxswain from Camp who are age eligible and provide them with international racing experience.
This ‘invitation-only’ camp provides a development opportunity for high school girls who have birthdays in 1999 or later, have a 2K erg score of 7:20 or faster (1999), 7:28 or faster (2000) and 7:40 or faster (2001) or younger and have demonstrated the ability to compete at a high level.
FOR SCULLING WOMEN:
The Junior Women’s Sculling Selection Camp will select the US Junior National Team 4x that will compete in the Junior World Championships in Trakai, Lithuania on August 2 – 6, 2017. The Camp will also be sending athletes to compete in the US Junior Team Trials in the 2x and 1x.
Invitation to Selection Camp will be made according to the following criteria:
- Performance at the 2016-2017 Junior Identification Camps
- Competition results during the 2017 season in 1x; 2x and 4x
- 2016-2017 National Team Testing
- Athlete’s ability to match the style and technique of the crew
- Physical and physiological characteristics, e.g. Erg Scores: absolute and weight related
- Results and other trials held throughout the year
At the discretion of the Head Coach, invitations may be offered to the following:
- Top two W1x from Scholastic Nationals
- Top two W2x from Scholastic Nationals
- Top two W1x from Stotesbury Cup Regatta
- Top two W2x from Stotesbury Cup Regatta
- Top three W1x from Youth Nationals
- Top three W2x from Youth Nationals
- Top two W4x from Youth Nationals
There also will be a number of at-large invitations issued at the discretion of the Head Coach.
Invitations: On a rolling basis, starting in mid-April
Camp Dates: Phase I: June 22nd, Phase II: July 10th
Location: New London, CT
Camp Cost: $2870 (Phase I), $2050 (Phase II-USJNT), $2050 (Phase II – CanAmMex)
Coach Contact: Liz Trond, firstname.lastname@example.org
Liz Trond, Head Coach/2-
Cass Cunningham, Asst. Coach/4x
Sandy Armstrong, Asst. Coach/8+
Bill Manning, Asst. Coach/4-
Laura Simon, Asst. Coach/CanAmMex Sweep
Caitlyn McClain, Asst. Coach/CanAmMex Sculling